Sexual Harassment Attorneys in San Diego
You don’t have to put on a happy face and “just deal” with sexual harassment at work. It’s against the law for another person to sexually harass you while at work and you have legal rights protecting you from sexual harassment or discrimination. You may be afraid or even embarrassed to come forward, but you shouldn’t have to suffer because of another person’s misconduct or your employer’s inability to put a stop to the harassment.
The compassionate sexual harassment lawyers at The MTI Firm understand how paralyzing unwanted sexual advances or comments can be. Sexual harassment can negatively affect every area of an individual’s life, including work, school, and personal relationships. With our help, we can make sure the perpetrator is held accountable for his or her wrongful actions and put a stop to the behavior so no one else suffers. We will also make sure the victim is fairly compensated for the devastating effects caused by sexual harassment.
What is Sexual Harassment?
At The MTI Firm, we are frequently asked, “What is sexual harassment?” Sexual harassment can take many forms and oftentimes, be very subtle. Sadly, a subtle approach to sexual harassment gives the perpetrator “room” to claim their despicable actions aren’t wrong or harmful. Any form of sexual harassment is wrong and should not be tolerated.
Understanding Sexual Harassment
- Sexual harassment can take many forms in today’s society. Some examples include:
- Unwanted kissing, touching of breasts or genitals, butt slapping.
- Rape, other forms of sexual assault
- Requests for sexual favors
- Making sexually explicit comments
- Uninvited massages, sexually suggestive gestures
- Catcalls, ogling, or cornering someone in a tight space
- Negative comments about women as a group may also be a form of sexual harassment.
- Although sexual harassment laws do not usually cover teasing or offhand comments, these behaviors can also be upsetting and have a negative emotional effect.
Workplace Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment in the workplace can take many forms. Some common scenarios include:
- Direct and hostile workplace sexual harassment: This occurs when someone in the workplace engages in harassing conduct that is pervasive or offensive enough to make the workplace hostile to the victim.
- Quid pro quo harassment: This type of sexual harassment occurs when one person feels pressure to perform or tolerate a sexual act or favor to retain their job or receive a promotion.
- Flirting, gesturing, or making sexual remarks about someone’s body, clothing, or appearance.
- Asking questions about someone’s sex life.
- Telling sexually offensive jokes, making sexual comments or jokes about someone’s sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
Remember, you are not alone. If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual harassment, it is important to seek legal help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step towards getting the justice you deserve.
The dedicated sexual harassment lawyers at The MTI Firm know how emotionally delicate this type of situation is and will take every measure to ensure you are informed and advised with sensitivity. We have helped many clients get justice for the harmful or wrongful actions of another person and can help you see justice served. We will aggressively pursue your claim and if necessary, take your case to court. Unlike many attorneys who hastily settle a claim to prevent going to court, we will not wait to present your case before a judge.
- Protecting your rights: Our team of experienced lawyers will work tirelessly to ensure your rights are safeguarded.
- Securing your compensation: We strive to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Providing sensitive care: We approach each case with the utmost care and sensitivity, understanding the delicate nature of sexual harassment.
Our caring sexual harassment attorneys have represented clients facing:
- Quid pro quo – a superior blackmails an employee;
- Sexual favors – a superior offers promotions, raises, or other work benefits in exchange for sexual favors;
- Wrongful termination or retaliation for turning down sexual advances;
- Hostile work environments – not a specific act but the overall culture;
- Inappropriate and unwanted physical contact;
- Inappropriate gender or sexual-related comments or conversations;
- Gender discrimination;
- Employer fails to stop another employee’s inappropriate conduct.
Schedule a Free Case Review
To learn what your legal rights are and to learn how a skilled sexual harassment lawyer at The MTI Firm can assist you in your quest for justice, please call 800-917-0911 today. We offer free case reviews and won’t pressure you to retain our services. We simply want to make sure you have all the information you need to decide what legal path is best for you. Keep in mind, the sooner you contact our law firm, the better. As with most legal matters, the more time that passes, the harder it may be to ensure a successful outcome.
Sexual harassment is a grave issue that can significantly impact you and the ones you love. At The MTI Firm, we understand the severity of these situations and are committed to helping victims seek justice.
We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have. Our lawyers are available to provide guidance and support throughout the entire legal process.
Don’t Suffer in Silence
If you have been a victim of sexual harassment, don’t suffer in silence. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and take the first step towards getting the justice you deserve.